Sunday, February 19, 2006

MORE AWARDS....

After going on quite a bit about the Best Of Blogs Awards on Annie's blog....it turns out that I have been nominated for the 'Share The Love Award' in the catagory of "Most Meetable, In Real Life". (These Awards were created by Heather at One Woman's World). There are so many irony's here....not the least of which is that I have no idea who nominated me...and I do thank you, whomever you are....!

I think this is a swell catagory, and that's an irony too, because when I started blogging I was trying to be anonymous...that didn't last very long at all, cause you really can't continually write about things that have happened in your life and make up names for so very many many people....at least, I couldn't....cause the truth of my life is whatever it is....let the chips fall...you know the rest...

But to go back in time a bit---Mamcita got really upset with me for the things I said on that particular BoB Award post of Annie's, but after a very good dialogue exchanged in emails, I think she understands where I am coming from and I certainly understand where she is coming from, too...But I do want to say I would not have known, nor would she, if I had not written her an email after she left this distressing-to-me comment on my blog....But see, I really felt that it was important to find out why she was so upset with me and to try and see if we could open up a dialogue to get past this...cause it made me feel bad that a fellow blogger was upset with me and in my view, had misjudged me...and so I couldn't just let it go without trying to communicate further....And I believe we did get past this particular upset. And that's a very positive outcome when basically we were 180 degrees apart to begin with...sort of....And I certainly hope that what I feel about Awards will not be upsetting to Heather....cause I think she is trying to do a good thing here with these awards in this month of Valentine's day...a month of love, as she so rightly stated.

So having said all that....I will continue and say that
though I am very very flattered to be nominated, I can't say that being nominated in the 'Share The Love Awards' changes what I basically feel about Awards in general...And what I feel about them is based on personal experience and being completely disallusioned about the voting processes of many Awards, some of which I've been involved with...and knowing and feeling that the very nature of Awards brings in a competitiveness weather you want it to or not, or weather you want to admit it or not...I also I think it stirs up lots of feelings that I sure don't enjoy feeling.....Like shaky feelings of self-worth if you don't win, hurt feelings, etc...none of which I want to be a part of my blogging experience...and, truthfully, I have been distressed with all these many many blog award things and felt like I couldn't wait till all that was over, please...enough already!! And then I became aware of these 'Share The Love Awards', and purely by accident found out I had been nominated.

And I do believe that One Woman's World's Heather is coming from a real place of love and care and from what I can gather the voting will be completely 'write-in' from other bloggers, if I am not mistaken...
Heather's idea of honoring women bloggers is a really really lovely one and I do think this is a really sweet sincere and loving idea. But it is still, a competition.

You know, going back in time a bit again, when I first read somewhere that there were these BoB Awards, (The first time I became aware that there were any sort of blog-type Awards at all!)...my heart kind of sank because I personally hated to see a "competition" occuring in the blog world as I understood it, (in my naivete, that is)....There are sooooo very many Awards out in the World-World....I thought at that moment...'Oh no, not the blog world, too....'

Is there no place in the entire world where this disease of competition, and "winning" doesn't exist? We are right in the middle of the Biggest Competition of ALL, The Olympics! The Olympics...where WINNING THE GOLD is everything! Where a Silver and/or Bronze Medal is like loosing!!! I mean, to me...if the Silver & Bronze (Oh Yeah, that's really lousy, isn't it...) is like loosing...well....this is sick. And there is even some kind of Blog Olympics now, too....Oy!


You know, I go to a great many blogs as you all do too...and each one is unique because each one is coming out of the heart & mind of that particular person...and that's so wonderful! Each and every one of these blogs that I go to touches me in some way---speaks to me, if you will, because each one is offering the uniqeness of the person who is creating it. How do you 'judge' that? How do you judge each of these blogs? How do you decide which one is 'The Best', when they are all so different from one another? You can't. And it is my belief, you shouldn't have to, so I probably won't because it then becomes some kind of popularity contest...you vote for your friends--you can't help it--it's human nature. You know even putting people on your blogroll, or not putting people on your blogroll is a statement of some sort, too...


Since October when I started my blog, I have not had a blogroll because I couldn't figure out how to do it...and truthfully, I still really don't know how...without the wonderful Craziequeen, I wouldn't have a blogroll at all...And frankly, I wanted one more to to make it easier for me to move around the blog world...(And BTW...it's not done yet cause I can only add a few every few days cause I make so many mistakes...but God knows, it will be easier for me to use my own blogroll to surf around to all the different blogs I visit than to go into 'my favorites' where I cannot find anything now cause there is too much there...and, not in any kind of order, either...anyway...my blogroll is still a work in progress....) And frankly, I wasn't that aware of weather my name was on someone's blogroll or not...till...TILL now.....
Yeah, now that I have my own blogroll...and when I see, perchance, that I'm not on a particular someones blogroll that I visit all the time and who visits me...I have this little feeling of hurt...OY! Who needs that? It's like not winning a prize, people....believe me!

The truth is...it doesn't take away from any of the enjoyment I get when visiting whomever...blogroll or no blogroll....it's about meeting people and enjoying an exchange of ideas and feelings; it's about being touched by people...about getting to know people....It's why All Things Michele is so pure and wonderful...she of the truly kind and generous heart and the deeply sweet nature...who's sense of humor is always in tact and yet who is incredibly sensitive to all who visit her pages being truly in touch with the needs of her visitors...this is a miricle and this is 'the best' because it is everything blogging really is about, to me...

And, another little irony regarding the Share The Love Awards....Annie, who has very strong feelings about the BoB's was nominated in the Best Design Catagory in these 'Love Awards'....I have always loved the way her blog looks...and it turns out she designed it herself...!
And now, here she is nominated and if you visit her blog, you'll see she is kind of happy about it and why not? I just don't want her to be hurt if she doesn't win...cause in truth, weather she wins or not, her design is absolutely lovely to my way of thinking and what I feel about it is not going to change if she wins or not! I am not going to use the word 'lose' because if I do it gives the whole thing much more weight than necessary...and in my view, she won the very first time I visited her blog and I went...'Wow, that is a really beautiful page!' Cause that was my honest---in the moment---response to what I saw. That's really all that matters....or should, don't you think?

I certainly hope that what I feel about Awards doesn't offend anyone and I hope Heather knows that I respect her and think what she's trying to do is truly terrific! Bless you Heather....

I guess, the bottom line is, I don't want anyone to be hurt or feel left out or feel 'not good enough', or whatever because of any Awards....and I sure don't want to feel any of those things either...been there, done that in the non blog world.

What do you feel about Awards?







42 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

It basically boils down to a popularity contest...shades of high school and which "clique" you belong to.

I've seem some sites nominated for awards and simply shook my head, wondering how and why.

We never really "grow up" do we?

Here via Michele

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 3:45:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Congratulations for the award. Can't say anything about awards as I had never had any award yet of that kind.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Great job! I have been visiting your blog on a regular basis and I find it absolutely one of the most brilliant posts that I have read.

I hope you don't mind my including you in my link.

Happy weekend!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:44:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

If it matters , I like your blog! A lot of these blog awards are popularity contests, but folks seem to like them.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:53:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Congrats on the nomination. I feel awards are all a popularity contest.

But it's always nice to know that you're popular, right?

Here via Michele's. Hope you are having a marvelous weekend.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 5:17:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I'm pretty new to blogging, and when I started hearing about awards, I must admit I was a little taken aback. I sincerely thought that a blog was to be used as a journal, not to seek awards. Of course, it's an honor to be nomitated, but what does the "win" actually mean? Nothing.

I think the joy of blogging comes from finding links to other sites, and meeting people that I'd never meed were it not for the blogging community.

But really, the awards? Well, it's just who can contact the most people and convince them to vote for you. I've seen something in a "Beatuiful Baby" online photo contest that my friend had entered her child in...it all came down to who was able to get the most people directed to (and voting for them) this particular website.

I didn't even know the particular contest even existed until I saw mention of it on several different blogs I visit. I went and checked it out a week or so ago because there were a bajillion categories, and it really just confused the heck out of me because so many of the categories seemed so similar. But I suppose if it's all taken as fun, and no one takes it too serious then what the heck.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 9:00:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You wrote this post wonderfully as always. I didn't know about your nomination, but I know I would love to meet you in real life. As I would like to meet other fellow bloggers, because they are all unique persons with a huge heart. I look at these blog awards with humor, maybe because I am blogging for fun and I like have something to offer when "visitors" come over. I don't think one can qualify blogs in terms of quality or performance...at least not the ones I enjoy. I want those blogs to be written just as they have been up to now, I don't want any competition. That is not why I joined the blogger community, I just want to read blogs written from the heart.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 9:01:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I don't think too much about the blog awards thing. I was surprised they had one. You have an excellent blog and are blog award worthy for sure!

There are so many blogs and so many good ones, but people like different things. I have to narrow down my blog reading or I'd be in front of this machine for 24 hours a day and I feel sometimes that I am here too much when I should be doing other things.

Congratulations on your nomination! You are a sweetie, so that's what got you there!! :)

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 10:12:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi, Naomi. Michele sent me your way this time to say hi and congrats on your nomination! It is a fun thing, there are too few fun things around nowadays!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 10:50:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You have a very good point about Blog awards and UNhealthy competition. I was nominated for a catagory in the same awards thing, and I have real mixed feelings about it. By the way, speaking of Blog Rolls, I have added you to mine! In fact, I already thought I had ages ago, but I must have dreamed it.. lol... Michele sent me today.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 10:55:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Anything that spreads happiness is a good thing. I've never been nominated for anything of the sort: I suppose I need to spend more time tweaking my site - time that I just don't have at this stage of my harried life.

I also wish I could keep my blogroll up to date. As it is, I haven't touched it in months. I hope you know there's no message in that at all: I know WHO I want to add...I just can't carve out the time right now.

Maybe someday soon...

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 11:10:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

...ah that is cool about your nomination..
How wonderful is that..
So much fun..
You have been on my blogroll.. Since I figured out what Hills you lived in..
My dream hills.. I could only be so lucky......
I truely would only rather be in New Mexico..
Which is home for me....

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 11:15:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Congrats. An award is fun no matter what. About your exchanges with a bad commenter. I love blogging, and I regularly read blogs from people I really don't have a lot in common with, or flat disagree with...but they have a way of writing that keeps the interest. Heck, I think most people that come to my site from Michele probably shake their heads at my site (RightWing). But, I like OLOTH am a really decent person, and if most met me in person would have a good time. I like it that we can all agree to disagree sometimes and have fun. I find posts on almost any site I visit that warms me, or makes me laugh...that's what it's all about.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 11:23:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

justsue--I agree with you...Glad Michele swent you by...


friday's child--Thanks! I really am not looking for awards...I'm surprised I was nominated--but really, I do not want blogging to be about that.

Viamarie--Thanks so much..and thanks for including me in your blogroll, too...eventually you will be on mine too---I have to be 'fresh' and not tired when I do it--the synapses are very s-l-o-w...! (lol)

Paul--Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

the music whore-- I agree with you and that is my point. If not nominated people feel unpopular, you know? Let's just enjoy each other and find joy in the friendships we are making out here in Blogland!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 12:02:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Dena--I'm with you, my dear...I'm pretty new at this, too and that is why I was shocked that there were any sort of award thingys...Not what I thought this was about either...I know I love coming to isit you and hear what you have to say!

mar-- I absolutely agree...it warms my heart to visit people and find 'common ground' and even no common ground--especially from all over the world! Love visiting you MAR...glad you had a good time skiing!


Rachel--LOL! Oh do I umderstad...I am on here MICG TOO MUCH, but I am enjoying it tremendously...Thanks for your lovely comment, dear Rachel.

Lisa--me too, as you an gather--Mixed Mixed feelings. Because of course it's nice to be nominated..but...if you aren't..there's this little feeling....you know?
I'll be adding you to my BR...soon! (I Hope!) (lol)

Carmi--that is sooo funny cause I had just noticed I wasn't on your BR..See? That's what mean??? OY! LOL! I love visiting you and reading your take on things plus those always FANTASTIC photographs! And, you are one of the most senitive commenters too, Carmi. Thank You So Much!
I'm Chele--Yes my dear..we are two Angelino's--I love my Hills, too...
You will be added to my BR...soon, my dear!

malinda777--Thanks for your comment..Yes, I know what you are saying..It's the thing about blogging that I personally find so wonderful--we get to meet all kinds of people from all over the world--and all while we are in our own homes!! Amazing, isn't it? Thanks for coming by!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 12:14:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

wooohoooooo!!!
good for you.......

michele sent me!!!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 1:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm here from Michele's...congrats on the award, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! Smoke it and enjoy!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 1:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

When I first saw I was on some "Award" list, my first feeling was anger and I was going to ask to be removed!
I have NO idea who Heather is OR who nominated me, so I was also very surprised and wondered who's behind this?
But when I started reading and looking around Heather's site, I saw that she wasn't selling anything, or promoting a "business" (or pyramid scheme.) She wasn't trying to sign a certain amount of people up for a cruise and expensive (useless) seminar, etc.
It just seemed like it was something she wanted to do. I don't even think there is a prize, is there?
I looked around her blog and saw that she just seems like a genuinely nice person.
I didn't have the heart to be irritated!
But, yeah, really, I could care less.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 1:42:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I think a lot of the blog awards are based solely on popularity and being in a clique of bloggers. I know that when I was nominated for the Best Mommy Blog in the BoB contest, there was a TON of chatter on one particular forum where the hate for me grows deep (I'll tell you why in email, but it's about the tribe) and they were beyond nasty. When I won a finalist position and their girl didn't, they were beyond snarky and nasty and my feelings weren't really hurt because I have no repect for this kind of Queen Bee behavior, but it made me kind sick to see the length to which a group of grown women would go to ensure that I didn't win. It was ridiculous and I was so not into the whole thing.

I didn't care if I won or not, I just wanted not to come in last, and I didn't. Not even near last. So I was just thrilled that I had made the finalists and that a couple of my readers that nominated me felt strongly enough to do so. Plus my son also nominated me, and the Queen Bees had a field day with that, saying that I made him do it. I didn't even know he did it until he told me. He's a lot more computer savvy than they give him credit for.

Anyhow, congrats for the award. At least in these awards you can only vote once, so the vote is difficult to rig.

I don't even know if you're on my blogroll, but if you're not, you should be and once I get in there for an edit, you will be OK?

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 3:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I completely agree with you about how sad it is that a silver or a bronze metal is often a let down.
I'd be dancing a jig if I won an olympic bronze!!!!!

Blogs are expressions of the blog owner.
I hereby give the Blog Award of Individuality to ALL bloggers! It is an invisible statue, shared by all.

I have no problem with awards. It's all in good fun!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 3:35:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I have never been a competitive person, except maybe when it comes to playing Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit....LOL. I never entered a contest of any kind until last month.

The BoB awards and the one you were nominated for are so casual, that I cannot imagine anyone feeling genuine sadness if they don't win. That doesn't mean that I don't think the awards are offered in a genuine sort of way, and the people who start these awards probably have nothing but the best in mind to accomplish. I do know that people can cheat in the way that they vote - and skew the results - so I wouldn't take it personally if I didn't win one of these. It is nice if you do - but NO BIGGIE if you don't.

That said - I hope you win! I voted for you. Michele sent me this time, but you know I am here everyday!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:05:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

One again you are so very kind. Thank you for all the many wonderful things you have said about me.

No one is interested in my opinion about Blog Awards - and I am truly not interested in sharing them on a public forum, BUT, I will say that you are a wonderful blogger. I like the catagory "Most Meetable," and I am certain that many of your blogfriends (including me) would be thrilled to meet you.

Again, thank you for making me smile. Again.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:06:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I forgot to mention your comment about my son's photos. He and his sisters have forbidden me to post current photos of them, or their children. They are all worried about internet fraud and identity theft. I don't know if their worries are justified or not - but I doubt it.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:15:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Congrats to you, on your award!

The BOBs were disappointing, at least with the best overall category -- seemed like the # of votes didn't matter for anything. I don't know why they had voting at all.

Well, Michele sent me this eve... have a great one!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:16:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Congratulations on your nomination!!! I agree with Just Sue, although of course I am glad you were nominated.

I don't get nominated for these things, nor do a lot of the more successful blogs.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I tried to hold my breath to see if I could make it through your post without dying. I'm writing this comment from heaven. It's quite nice up here. lol

just teasing.

awards - I just bought a whole bunch of 'em - chose the color, size, and everything.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:30:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Personally, my dear Naomi, I believe you deserve many awards, so I can't possibly comment on this!! Congrats on your nomination. Your post was just reassurance of your kindness and gentle, kind loving heart. Hugs to you my friend.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 4:59:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hello! Here via Michele today. I tend not to pay much attention to awards. As an "outsider" it all seems a bit too cliquey to me. I swore off cliques in high school.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 6:47:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I'm new to the whole blogging thing, having just started mine in October (and then promptly losing half of what I posted when I moved from Blogger - but that's another story). I've seen a couple of the awards sites and I've voted for a couple of people, but I don't know that I'd want to be nominated for one. Fortunately, there are so many talented, funny writers with so much to say, I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. And I'm perfectly ok with that. For me, it'd be too much pressure that I'd feel I had to live up to... and some days, I just don't really have anything interesting to say. Like now. :)

Michele says hi!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 6:55:00 PM PST 

Blogger dan
had this to say:

Heck, I wouldn't mind meeting you in real life.

(But the secret is that I'd just want to go for a walk about your neighborhood...) ;)

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 7:12:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Spreadin' the love is a great thing... and yeah, its hard to be anonymous on a blog, my blog was much more interesting after I let people know who I was.... thanks for the comments on my site!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 7:28:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi, Congratulations! I LOVE your blog so much, I do read it every day and I hope you win! I will vote for you, of course. I would LOVE so much to meet you in person, who knows some day I will have this GREAT PLEASURE! (((Hugs)))

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 4:45:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Great post, Naomi!
For the most part, I think like you. There have been quite a few things about blogging that I've felt uncomfortable with at first...doing memes...tagging...using my own name...blog link lists and this. After examining my feelings, I usually decide to stretch myself and end up participating and then find the fun in it. I didn't understand the BoB awards but noticed they were going on. It was a kick to be nominated at Heather's and not know who nominated me. I saw that her intentions were good and that she was new at the whole thing and I think of it as just another way to get to know eachother...but the truth of what you have said also exists.

I do think your nomination suits you!

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 5:48:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

PS I often take Sundays off from blogging. My last post was meant for today (Monday) but I posted it late last night. The voting is over at the end of today...not yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 5:50:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

hi naomi! congrats on the nomination! if it were up to me, you'd win several of them all in one go. regardless of whether you win or not, though, you will still be one of my favorite blogfriends. i do so wish i could meet you one day soon. am pretty sure the reality will even exceed how i perceive you to be. :)

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 8:06:00 AM PST 

Blogger Gel
had this to say:

How I feel about awards in uncanningly akin to your feelings. Oy! Double Oy and more...

What you say about winning or losing, even using those words as well as the competition so rampant in our society as if it's the all important THING when IT is not, is so true. No matter how confident we are, our self-esteems are as fragile as crystal, IF we admit that to ourselves, IF we face our vulnerabilities.

There's that old adage that is still true: "It's not about whether you win or lose but HOW you play the game (Substitute acting, painting, LSAT's,etc). I taught my children that that "HOW" is with dignity and integrity not conniving and me-first, etc. There's another side to how that you mentioned strongly, which I also taught them, but it's so hard to FEEL this in our competitive, type A society.

That is, it's how you feel about yourself. Be true to yourself and you will feel fulfilled. That's easier said than done, I know. In my varied professional fields I see the "good old boy and good Ole girl system" in action far more than I care to stomach.
EXCELLENT post, Naomi. I could write so much more on this. Blogging should not feel like pressure. Anonymity is what I wanted, too. That has greatly hampered what I write about. I'd enjoy your blog just as much even if you were not so well-known because you are someone I would like to meet purely as a good and interesting person! The history and personal twists on your posts are utterly fascinating. Thank you

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 10:17:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I think you deserve something for the wonderful stories you share. And you really put yourself out there. Congratulations, I hope you win.

I really only started blogging to keep in touch with old friends when I moved yet I ended up meeting great people I enjoy conversing with. For me, I love doing the photographs so awards in that field I think would be very cool.

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 11:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I have never heard of Heathers site or her awards but from what I read here it sounds like she was just trying to do something nice.
I thought at first that blog awards were a fun thing but the more I see and read I am finding it is pretty cut throat. I know of one site that ran awards for really negative things, a girl I know got nominated for C**& of the year I personally thought that was disgusting and immature but there are a lot of people like that out there I guess.

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 12:48:00 PM PST 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

I won a painting once from a furniture store. Oh, and I had the highest GPA in the junior class at college so I was a College Marshal that year for graduation. Not that big of a deal. Other than that no awards. I could take them or leave them. Most of the time my favorite movie doesn't win best picture. My feelings are still hurt that "Babe" didn't win. :)
Here from Michele today.

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 1:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I have mixed feelings about the awards. I definately feel that your blog is appropriate for the award it's nominated & I do believe Michelle's intentions are right on.
As you know, I was one of the reviewers for a particular blog award site & I was extremely disappointed at the quality of blogs that were nominated. Of the 20 or so 'comedy' blogs, I found 2 funny. But I could think of many in blogistan that should have been on that list before the other 18.
I don't think I'd want to be nominated for the very feelings you mentioned. Plus, I've found some bloggers become resentful when one does win something. Odd, isn't it?

Regardless of how you do in this contest, you are a dear friend & one of my favorite reads. Your blog is truly a breath of fresh air.

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 3:02:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Awards can be good or bad, depending on how you use them.

People are naturally competitive, and this is good when it ensures progression and each one of us striving to do our best. After all, we all want to feel appreciated, and that our efforts are not wasted:-)

However, when the award bcomes reason for doing something, it belittles both the award and the something!

Blog awards are problematical ecause people have such vastly different opinions of blogging. Like Dena, I thought of it as a personal diary and was absolutely amazed when people started reading/commenting. Some blogs are deliberately written for the public to read and so would rate themselves on readership numbers. Some are expressions of creativity, and some are done as showcases for work. How to judge all of those is beyond me:-)

But congrats on th nomination. As long as you don't change what you are doing because of it, it is just a demonstration of appreciation. And that's nice!

Monday, February 20, 2006 at 11:16:00 PM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

You are many people's favorite read, that's what counts. Michele sent me your way today, but you know I love to come on my own!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 at 1:08:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.