Thursday, June 29, 2006
birthday dinner with friends

So my sweet friends who are like family to me, arrived yesterday, the Birthday Day...bearing Thai Food, Birthday Cake and Ice Cream...

We had...Cocoanut Chicken Soup---
Oh My Lord, is that stuff healing.., I'd say just give it to me intravenously but then I'd miss the incredibly addicting flavor and the soothingness of this fabulous rich yummy unbelievably delicious tasting soup...!

Then....there were some other things...Among them....Chicken Pad Thai and Shrimp Pad Thai....More lucious flavors.... Wonderfully satisfying flavors these Pad Thai's were...I ate the Chicken Pad Thai because I don't eat shrimp very often...I prefer Chicken, quite honestly, anyway...Then, we had some Barbecued Chicken, Thai Style... And also some Vegetable Beef Fried Rice....extremely yummy! And then....there were some Mixed Vegetables which were super delicious...(I couldn't find a good picture of this dish...) But, here are a few shots of the table with all the dishes that The Parks Family brought... This was the Barbecued Chicken, still in 'the box'. There were 5 boxes of this chicken...enough really, for 15 people...we were just 7 people.

This was the Chicken Pad Thai from this fabulous Restaurant...Ichan...Oh my dears....Lovely lovely lovely, beyond words... Aren't those Happy Birthday plates colorful and adorable, too? So very pretty...the wonderful Seemah Wilder brought them and she also brought the fantastically rich and gorgeous Birthday Cake at the top of this post! Deep Dark Chocolate! What else, right? Here is another shot of the Birthday Plates and some of the food, too, with the very late afternoon sun coming in from the window... And here, below, are some of 'the usual suspects'....Betty, her son Garrett Parks, and then Dianne Travis and Betty's other son Andy Parks and his wife, Katy Melody, and the lovely dear Seemah Wilder, too.... Dianne and Garrett....He is pouring out all the Chicken Cocoanut Soup from the cartons so that it would all be in one Big Bowl.....that ambrosia of a soup was wolfed down as if none of us had eaten in a week!
And here are Seemah and Dianne arranging more food. You can see my front Patio in the background, with the street beyond that...

And Betty and her daughter in law Katy married to Andy, and then, younger son, Andy himself. They look like they were sort of directing the proceedings here...

And as a special treat Garrett had gotten a lovely Thai Dessert, too.Mango and Sweet Rice....We each had a tiny bit of this so we wouldn't spoil our appitite for the Birthday Cake Dessert. But this Mango & Sweet Rice was just lovely and delicate and light and the perfect finish to this scrumptious Thai meal. Then, we decided to take a little break before the Birthday Cake so that Betty could go see my blog and especially so she could see my Birthday Post!

And here below is Betty, talking on the phone to Wendy, (Our New Zealand dear one....yes, that Wendy...) who had called from New Zealand to wish me Happy Birthday just as Betty and I were going to go onto my blog so Betty could 'comment'....That was so very sweet of Wendy to do that and a complete surprise for me....And, I even got to say 'Hi' to her littlest one.... And before we had our dessert---(my sinful Birthday Cake)---we went out onto the deck facing the city, and I took this photo of our lovely group...well, at least the Parks Family part of the group...Andy, Betty, Katy and Garrett. All those trees in the background are covering the houses that are further down on my street where the street curves and before you can see the city view looking East....

This is the view much much later at night...well, really early morning...It's more the view of the lights on the deck which I love because it looks so very festive. Perfect for my Birthday Celebration on this coming Saturday...! And last but not least...one more photograph of the lovely cake with those two little burning candles on top....the number 7 and the number 5...So there is no doubt which birthday this is!
Beautiful day, and Beautiful cake...I'm so very grateful to these dear sweet loving people who enrich my life with their true goodness and their true friendship, too...


And to all of you: I just want to thank everyone out there in Cyberspace for joining me at my "Virtual" 75th Birthday Blog Party...all your kind thoughtful words and your great good wishes made this BIG Birthday the happiest most stupendous and wonderful day and evening it could possibly be...You are all so very generous and loving and supportive...I feel very very lucky to know each and every one of you and I thank you all for helping me truly celebrate this incredibly special day in my life...



More will be forthcoming....






****I have put up this TickerFactory goody to remind everyone that the lovely Wendy is coming here to Los Angles all the way fromNew Zealand so she and her husband can go to The Emmy's!****

And one more thing....

I saw this on Ariels Blog...This is just about the cutest little video I've ever seen....ENJOY!!








47 Comments:
had this to say:

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog via Wendy's and wishing me a happy birthday. I dropped by your virtual party briefly and wished you well so I am glad to hear that it was a roaring success and that you had such a lovely dinner too. You are right - all the best people were born in the last week of June. It's a very exclusive club!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 3:21:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You really had a great birthday party. It really was fabulous, super.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 3:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi!.. ohhhh I'm so glad Betty and her family managed to celebrate your birthday with you!!! The best of friends are forever!!!

Thanks for sharing photo's, (as always) of the big event!! and thank you for sharing your life with us all!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 4:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

whoa, Naomi! Will the festivities ever end? Lucky you, to have some many nice people with whom to celebrate your special birthday. Who is coming to the party on Sat?

That is some very good looking food you had. I sure would like to try some of that soup.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 5:11:00 AM PDT 

Blogger TJ
had this to say:

If I wasn't hungry before, I am now!!!
That soup looks scrumptious!!
And the view and real live friends around...you are a blessed woman!!!
:-D

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 5:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Yum yum yum!!! I am interested in the coconut chicken soup and I love the view from your house at night.

I can see you had a grand time on your birthday. Cheers to another wonderful year!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 5:37:00 AM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

Where did you find room to put all that food? It looks fantastic. Mmmmm, making me hungry for Thai food now. :-)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 5:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I MISSED it!!! Happy Belated Birthday! It looks like you had such a wonderful party. That food looks incredible. Sorry I wasn't here two days ago, but perhaps you can think of it as stretching out your birthday just a little bit longer?

Have a wonderful, wonderful day!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 5:57:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like an amazing day. Betty is an image.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 6:06:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm sorry that I missed all your celebrations, I won't bore you with the reasons but I've not been online much this week. Anyway, a very happy (belated) birthday.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 6:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi! What a fantastic Birthday! Looks like a wonderful day! What a great blessing to have near you such a dearest friends.

Your house looks so beautiful and charming. Your chandelier is just gorgeous and what a beautiful paintings on the wall! Love also your deck and the magnificent view!
I think that would be great if someday you will show to us some corners of your beautiful house.
Wishing to you a great Big Celebration on Saturday!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 7:49:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a great birthday you've had, Naomi and more to come on Saturday! Good for you because you certainly deserve it.
Loved your patio/deck. What a view from there, especially with the lights. Wow...you really ARE up in the hills there. A choice spot.
LOVED the video! That was too cute for words. Thanks for sharing it.
PS....that Thai food had me drooling. I love Thai food!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 7:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I am completely craving thai food, chinese food, japanese food...anything with spice and noodles! Your cake looked delicious as well! I am so glad you had a great day and were able to share with friends, virtual and in the flesh!

Here's to a great year!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 8:17:00 AM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

What great food. It's a good thing you can't get the calories through the computer monitor or we would all be in trouble.

And another party on Saturday? You are blessed with wonderful friends.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 8:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That food just made my mouth water. yummmmm

It looks like you are having a grand birthday celebration and "milking it for all its worth"


Here is my rule: Since my birthday is in November I make the entire MONTH of November my birthday month :)

So I say we make it a Naomi month yeah? :)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 9:21:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Wonderful! I guess you are not eating until saturday,lol! what a feast. And there is more partying coming up, you know how to celebrate birthdays!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 9:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Everything looked great! You definitely know how to party. It looks like a very memorable day. Keep on partying, I usually try to drag it out AT LEAST one week. ;)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 10:25:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You are a mean mean person to be showing all that great food without sharing! Glad you had a wonderful birthday celebration and hope you have many more!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 11:18:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like a grand old time was had by all. :-)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 11:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you so much for posting all of those wonderful pictures. This birthday is just full of memories for you to treasure. I am really enjoying being included in the festivities. This is so much fun for me! Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 12:05:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy belated Birthday. Looks like yu had a fabulous celebration!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 12:26:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday celebration! 75 years deserves extra specialness :)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 12:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I feel full just from looking at the pictures. Wow! What a feast! I'm so glad you had a wonderful, special birthday. :)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 12:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I can see from yesterday's post that you had some recovering to do. Well, so did I. What a par-TAY!!!!

How neat it is to see what a lovely time you had with some of your OTHER friends. The food looks so scrumptous, and the CAKE, OH THE CAaaaaaKE!!!!

The view from you back porch is so great.
I especially love the festive lights and the view at night.

I suddenly have a hankering for coconut chicken soup. I would be VERY surprised if I could find that here in AR.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 1:06:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I LOVE Thai food, Pad Prew Wan (veggie sweet and sour) is my absolute favourite.....
and chocolate cake [drool]

I just love that photo of Betty on the phone to Wendy, it's so - energetic!

THank you for sending Walt and Clara back - now , of course, I have to talk to the girl.....

cq

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 1:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Stay fabulous! Happy Happy Birthday!

rashbre

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 1:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hello! And Happy Birthday! I am hear through Shephard's blog and just thought I'd peek in on all the festivities. Thai food is my most favorite and I do love that soup! Now I need some! Glad you had such a splendid day! Wendy

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 2:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm back - you are SO gonna love my Thursday Thirteen this week, Naomi!

cq

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 2:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey, it looks like I missed a virtual party yesterday!! Happy belated birthday

Here through Wendy today!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 3:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh what a great day you must have had. LA has some fab Thai food. I esp. liked the photo of the chocolate cake and the lights over the city.

And I absolutely LOVED the video! How adorable!

~S

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 3:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy (belated) Birthday! Sorry I missed it, but love the pics. The cake looks absolutely wonderful.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 3:55:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

This is so how a 75th birthday should be. Not 1 day of celebrating, but a plethora of celebrations!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 4:23:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh my! What a lovely birthday party your had! Just beautiful!
Your loved!!!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 5:58:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You really know how to throw a party, really and virtually! And I'm thrilled to be able to comment again. I love the deck shot and I am warmed by hearing about your loving friends!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 7:21:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Ike
had this to say:

You are the youngest old lady I know. Your blog has so much wisdom, and I enjoy reading it as much as possible. Happy Birthday!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 7:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great pictures Naomi! That cake looks delicious! You are so fortuante to have such lovely friends! Truly blessed! I'm so glad your birthday was one that will be memorable!

And thank you for the birthday wishes for Miss Priss, she sends you the same!

*hugs*

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 8:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, sadly I missed your party and, omg, what a good one it was! :)

Happy belated b-day! You are one of the most interesting, fun and wonderful bloggers that I have come across in a long, long time!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 8:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I am so glad that you got to continue your birthday celebration with such a lovely gathering and another one this Saturday!! You go girl!!

Wishes for more Birthday fun for you!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 9:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh my gosh what quick thinking to take a picture of Betty while we were on the phone, I am going to steal that one ;)
The food looks absolutely scrummy , we are having take out tonight I think we might have Chinese.
How sweet of you to add the ticker, it tells me how long I have before I HAVE to find a dress haha.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 9:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Ohhhhhh my LORD! What a heavenly birthday FEAST you have had! Wowzer! I would surely come and help you with the leftovers... Oh but can we wait until AFTER my audition - cuz I really can't afford to gain an ounce right now... this dress is going to pop at the seams if I do! Oh yea... Wendy sent me! That she did!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 9:55:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I have a mouth full of Wendy's cookies, otherwise I would be stealing a piece of that chocolate cake, lol! Yes, Miss Wings sent me your way this time. Sweet dreams, in case you are asleep...

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 12:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The food alone sounds/looks fabulous...and the cake..perfect! Sending a belated cheers to you...

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 4:21:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The food looks so good, yum!
I LOVE your deck, and the view from it, at night.

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 10:44:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

That mango and sweet rice is the bomb! I tried it before and I cant just forget the taste of it. And also I am so happy to see your wonderful dinner party there. I wished I was there or I hope I will get a chance to visit you and will cook something for you as well.

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 4:32:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

All that food looks delicious! Glad that you had a nice "real life" party too!

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 11:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

i got that video link fixed naomi- just for your special day

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 9:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, how wonderful Naomi!! Such great friends you have. The food makes me hungry. It all looks so yummy. That cake makes my mouth water as well!!

Thanks for sharing. I know you had a wonderful day and I'm so glad!! You deserve it dear.

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 1:46:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.