Friday, March 23, 2007
movie game answers, plus.....

Yes, yes. The Wonderful Beautiful Actor is Denzel Washington and the movie is "The Pelican Brief". Lyn came closest to the correct answers with all that she detailed in her comments....
.....including , mentioning that Julia Roberts co-starred in the film, along with Sam Shephard, who got killed off fairly early on in the film, as did Hume Cronyn, (almost immediately) playing a Supreme Court Justice who was Sam Shephard's mentor in law school.

I happen to love this movie, which was based on the book by John Grisham, and it had a fantastic cast including many of our best character actors, like Stanley Tucci and John Heard. And an actress who has since gone on to great fame in television, ("Sex And The City") and winning a Tony Award on Broadway, the wonderfully talented Cynthia Nixon, who played a classmate of Julia Roberts and who helps Julia out a bit without knowing what is actually happening to her friend.

Who is Garcia?

Well, Garcia, a.k.a. Charles Morgan, was the key to the entire mystery of who was responsible for the deaths of the two Supreme Court Justices, back in the beginning of the story. He was a lawyer that worked for a big D.C. law firm who accidentally stumbled over information that was extremely compromising at the highest levels of government. Through a video tape that he has left in a locked Safe Deposit Box for his wife, we find out that the President Of The United States, (The wonderful Robert Culp) and his henchman (Tony Goldwyn and Anthony Heald) are the people responsible.....

The actor that played 'Garcia'? Jack Weber, who currently plays Patricia Arguette's husband in the tv show "Medium". I found his performance in 'The Pelican Brief', quite memorable....and it's great that he went on from there to be involved in many many projects, ("Dawn Of The Dead") and now currently in the already mentioned 'Medium'.

This was kind of fun, wasn't it? Maybe I'll try to do this again at some point....!

And here below is what the Cabbage Flower looks like today....But first, I'll remind you what it looked like exactly three months ago.... And as of yesterday, here below is what it looks like now...... I love that those inside leaves got greener as time went on but you see they were pure cream three monnths before.....And you see the edges where those little green dots had been lining the edge....well now those dots are pale pale tan---almost not descernible.


And....remember the pink roses.....? Well, below is a picture of how they dried and look right now..... They never opened up. They stayed as tight and closed as they had been and I found that very very beautiful....In fact, I found the whole thing very beautiful and it is still sitting exactly where I first put it on December 23rd, 2006.




More To Come.......






Just a word or two here: Forgive me if I have not been around to see you...I have been dealing with some things that have taken me away from my blog visits, but I hope that will improve in the next few days.....And about the next "Sammy" installment---I am still looking for a couple of pictures and until I find them and scan them in, the 2nd installment will just have to wait....Thanks for understanding, my dears.....







34 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I remember the movie but I can't remember what happened, except that it was the kind of thriller I like. I think it's funny that half the scenes in Medium are filmed with them in bed. She spends a lot of time sleeping and dreaming. Remember back in the Dick Van Dyke days when they had double beds!!!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 7:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,
Hope you are doing okay.....i'm thinking of you. That bouquet is just as beautiful dried as it was in bloom!! Amazing how it preserved itself!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 8:37:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello, Michele sent me.

Those are some awesome flowers. Also, I really like medium..Mostly because the characters feeel real and not so "hollywood"

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 11:24:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That's a beautiful floral arrangement!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 11:54:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I remember the movie too and actually I was checking Denzel's imdb profile and thought that the picture in your blog came from the movie Pelican Brief but I brushed it off and guessed his other movies which were wrong.

Lovely flowers! I cant wait for spring to be in full swing. Seeing new flowers is very refreshing despite my pollen allergies

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 12:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

See - I knew that I knew the answers! It's been soooo long since I saw that film though, that I must admit that I couldn't remember who Garcia was!

It's amazing how that arrangement dried. Although it isn't as vibrant as it was once it has preserve the form and shape and subtle shades perfectly!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 1:49:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

CLOSE...BUT NO CIGAR! I FORGOT WHO GARCIA REALLY WAS EVEN THO THE MOVIE IS A BIG FAVORITE OF MINE.

DO LET'S PLAY THAT GAME AGAIN!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 2:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Sure, I saw this film, but I forgotten it completely! Denzel Washington is really a very charming actor!

I hope you are fine!
Many hugs my dear friend!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 2:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love trivia and all the connections between people. Oh and those flowers really do look like cabbage! Have a great weekend! (Sorry, once again Blogger is not allowing me to log in as VV)

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 2:55:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You dry flowers better than anyone I know, Naomi. They look so rich and vibrant - unlike the usual dry-and-dull look.

How do you do that? Remarkable.

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 3:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I haven't seen that movie in a while, but I loved the book and I will watch anything Denzel is in (even if I can't remember his name)....LOL.

You ought to send that photo of the dried arrangement to the florist is came from. He/she would be gratified to know it still looks almost as good as it did when you received it.

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 3:22:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Hi Naomi! Thank you for the visit. I always enjoy coming here. Those incredible pale pink roses remind me of my little baby boys. They are now men of course and would not be pleased!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 4:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I remember that movie! I have an idea about a who-done-it novel centered on the Supreme Court and the control of it... but I've already said too much!

Michele sent me,

Mike

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 6:41:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I actually did see that movie, but a long time ago. I remember it was very good though. Stay safe :)

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 8:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I hope all is well with you, dear Naomi.

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 8:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I did not see that movie, but I have heard of it! Lovely flowers, every one of them!!

I hope you are okay Naomi!! Take care!!

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 8:38:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The flowers are amazing the way they stayed perfect although dried.
Flowers and Naomi go together in my mind now, I am still sad I couldn't bring mine home with me lol.

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 8:45:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello, Michele sent me. I've never seen The Pelican Brief, but now it's on my list of stuff to rent.

Love the dried flowers...I've never successfully dried flowers.

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 10:34:00 PM PDT 

Blogger -E
had this to say:

The flowers dried beautifully!

Michele sent me. I hope your weekend is lovely.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 2:00:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I have to confess I hardly ever go to the movies and couldn't have answered even the "easy" question - but I do agree that Denzel is gorgeous. I love the rose with the green dots. Here from Michele's

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 3:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Got pretty close;)
The cabbage flower is so pretty!!!

Have a great weekend:)

Maria

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 10:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I see that movie all the time lol.. you'd think I would know who Garcia was! hahaha..

Denzel is surely easy on these old eyes! oh yeah.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 10:44:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I enjoy those Grisham novels and the resultant films. He writes well and with a good pace.

I'm slightly intrigued by the flowers, though. We have some ornamental cabbages in the UK which look like flowers. Is that what you have too?

The dried versions look very ornate, too!

Here today via Michele's!

rashbre

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 11:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Well, I certainly was way off on my guesses!

I DID know it was Denzel though, but who in the world DOESN'T know Denzel???

I hope your weekend is going well.
Now that spring is upon us, I believe we will be seeing bird's nests and evidence of a lot of new life, both plant and animal.
I've got dogwood trees blooming in my yard now, and they sure are pretty.

The dried floral bouquet is still very pretty.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 12:53:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

My thoughts and prayers are with you for whatever you have been dealing with lately that has kept you away.
I have been away as well. We have had ISP server problems all week. I was not able to visit or post until Friday. It is funny because I thought of so much to post when it was down. When it came back on I couldn't think of a thing to post...lol
Fingers crossed it will continue running now.
The flowers are gorgeous live and dried!
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I hope you are feeling better and that you will be back to visiting soon. Michele sent me. BTW, Denzel is almost prettier than your flowers.....teehee.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 2:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I saw the movie Pelican Brief long ago, Naomi, and really don't remember it very well. I enjoyed the book quite a bit when it came out--but the movie, for some reason, didn't make as strong an impression with me.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 4:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi, Michele sent me back again.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 7:15:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

I didn't realize these were the same flowers and now they've dried but still have such beautiful colors. And here I thought you had to turn them upside down to dry. Gorgeous.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 9:02:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The flower arrangement seems very Southern looking to me, for some reason. I love how they aged. :)
Michele says hello
(I visited the pop in as well, but had to say hi).
~S

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 9:28:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

The before and after shots of that floral arrangement are very interesting. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a "cabbage flower". I see where it got its' name from.

Michelle says hi.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 9:29:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MsT
had this to say:

Do you remember Jake Weber from that great Shahn Cassidy series called American Gothic?

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 10:56:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I think I need to see this movie. Denzel is definitely pretty enough to sit there and look at even if I don't like it ;)

Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 12:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Denzel is definitely a hottie!

That flower arrangement is gorgeous! If we had it here, our kitties would eat it! They are sooooo bad :)

Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 12:59:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.