Saturday, August 23, 2008
close-up and personal

I had a great time getting in close on some of the flowers that were in that Beautiful Flower Arrangement I got for Seemah's Birthday Lunch that sat in the middle of my Dining Room table that afternoon.....There is an abstraction to some of these pictures that I just love...... And, again.....If you really look closely you see things you just didn't notice in the bigger picture. I believe the true and real information is in the details of photographs....Especially when it comes to flowers.... Including the 'out of focus' details....In fact, I kind of like the out-of-focus-ness of these pictures....in a way, that's where the abstraction enters into it, you know? I love seeing the variations of color, too....in this case---the purples and the dark red/maroons---not really an accurate description, but then describing "color" with words, is almost impossible..... I love the look of the petal behind this one, too.....there will be more of that in another post, though.....I love the feathery look of this lovely flower and the little bit of white and/or yellow that is here and there.... And above....the more visible sprig that some of those other shots came from....Below, a different Sprig......And back to an abstraction of sorts....
Isn't this a gorgeous color? Yummmmm! Needless to say, do click on all these pictures to see them bigger.... I love the little bit of pale yellow on this one....This is close to the smaller end of this Sprig....It is so artful! A bit further back on this same Sprig as the two pictures above.....And look at the little yellow flowers in this Flower Sprig! Plus that lighter shade of salmon? Pink? Running down the middle....Nature....is....Stunning! I don't know the name of this 'sprig', but Van used it throughout the arrangement almost like a 'garnish'.....It sure is pretty....!
And below....I slightly closer look at the 'sprig' in a partial view of this beautiful arrangement!










More To Come.......







22 Comments:
had this to say:

Oh-h-h the richness of this color ... just gorgeous!

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 12:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It is amaranthus, and I love it.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 6:53:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Thanks for the pick-me-up, this afternoon.

Cheers.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 11:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Flowers are truly God's gift to us- a work of art in every stem. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today Naomi

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 12:24:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You teach me something everytime I visit. The next time I have an arrangement of flowers I need to get a little more "Close-up and Personal" and see what I have been missing...

Loved the post today. Beautiful...

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 2:55:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Such details... and the vivid colours, many shades of the same hue. Just lovely.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 8:02:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I can honestly say I have never seen a flower anything like that top one . Such a myriad of shades and shapes - and they go beautifully with your lovely colourful home. Enough to brighten up this dull Bank Holiday here in UK.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 6:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I am amazed by the variety of flowers you've introduced us to.

The first pics are my favorite. Amazing color and details...just beautiful!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 7:01:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love the abstract look as well! Especially all the little white details, whatever they're called.

Incredible colors too :)

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 11:00:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

WOW, as always. Your eye sees what is most important in every small detail. That is gift that I'll wager you possess in more than just photography!

I'm glad someone identified them. they look a little like "Love Lies Bleeding" to me (great name, huh?) but that is a very English and East Coast old fashioned kind of thing that I doubt would do well in your neck of the woods.

Always enjoy your lovely colors and focus.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 3:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It is stunning! I always thought it would be wonderful to work in a flower shop arranging flowers!

Hope you are enjoying the voting!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 3:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That flower looks kind of like a feather boa that you could wear around your neck. Lovely.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 4:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! Look at those amazing colours!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 6:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You make nature absolutely exquisite, Naomi ! Or maybe you just capture it better than anyone I've ever seen ! What vivid, lovely colors and shapes up close...

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 8:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You're right, Naomi ...it is "Suddenly Seymour" :)

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 9:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, it is amazing to me how beautiful God's creations are....just beautiful.

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 4:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi. My favorite color! What flower is this? Cheerio.

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 4:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks for that lovely rich pink shade to start my morning! You'd have loved Biltmore gardens Naomi. I thought of you while I was trying to document each plant for my own garden records. If only one day I can get my garden just half as nice as yours!

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 5:41:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful colors and arrangement!! Such beautiful work, as always! Flowers can put a smile on your face no matter what, can't they?!

Hope you are doing well my friend!

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 10:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh my gosh, that is a feathery drag queen flower if ever I saw one. FUN! Van does such wonderful things with flowers. I am really excited about what he's going to do with our wedding. :)

~S :)

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 7:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It looks like natures feather boa! LoL! Gorgeous pics Naomi, and they really show your wonderful artists eye. I love how the close shots show us something new by focusing our gaze on a specific part of the flower. Gorgeous.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 9:50:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Van is truly an artist.
Does he know that you take photos of his arrangements? I think he'd be flattered by how you share his artistry and floral/plant choices with us.
If you happen to tell him, let him know we think he's WONDERFUL at what he does!!!
The colors are amazing.
I believe this was the arrangement that was on the table in your living room when I was there. Of course, it was not as new and vibrant at that time, but it was still so lovely.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 1:21:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.