Sunday, November 22, 2009
petals

I love abstractions where flowers are concerned....The colors and the shadows of the shades of this flower above pleases my whole being in a way that I can't put into words. In this case, there is a Dalia or two.... The dark and the light---the almost 'white' next to the dark pink-into-almost-magenta. It knocks me out! Even the soft focus pleases my eye and my inner sensibility....The beauty of natures magic always effects me in such a positive uplifting way....It's like 'music' to my eyes..... I love that touch of yellow in the background....And, again, the almost white against the shocking pink. The shape of these petals is so very beautiful, too...... Pulling back a little, we see more of the flower.....The beauty speaks for itself. This one above almost looks unreal, as if it was painted....But it wasn't. It is just another view of some more of these amazing petals..... Another one with a bit of yellow over on the right....again, the shape of the petals just takes my breath away, as well as the almost white-going-into-pink----colors that astound and please in ways I cannot explain, I just know what I feel. Another view of this exquisite flower. I get all caught up in these delicate amazing flowers.....The truth is, I am never bored by natures creations. If anything I am continually fascinated and could take picture after picture after picture.....And, do! And above, one more view of the Dahlia's that were in this very gorgeous arrangement by the ever wonderful 'Van' of The Conservatory....There were many other flowers, too.....I don't know the name of this flower above, (But I bet Judy does...) I think the color is so very very beautiful and soft.....I could lose myself in this color---pale pale lavender---my very favorite color in the whole world! To me, the Rose up above is pure perfection! Everything about it---the irregular shape; the color; and that very sweet flower right next to it. A perfect picture....I think I need to call Van on Monday and get a special Thanksgiving arrangement. I need it for my soul....And you can be sure pictures will be taken....!

More To Come........

Note: Forty-Six years ago today, the world changed forever. John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. The next four days the country and the world tried to recover from the shocking events of that Friday....We watched, glued to our televisions, as our young President laid in state while thousands upon thousands of people passed by and paid their respects. We watched as the dead Presidents young widow, along with the rest of his family, buried our President, and we wept and wept and wept, in disbelief, that such a thing could happen in our country. Now, all of his brothers are dead as are all but one of his sisters, and so is his widow, as well as his only son, little 'John-John'. May they all Rest In Peace, and may something as horrible as this, never ever, ever, happen again.


















20 Comments:
Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Just what I need - those vibrant colours on this unrelenting greyness and yet more rain to come. Thank you Naomi - you are the Queen of beautiful hues.
Like you I'll never forget that day and remember staring disbelievingly up at the radio on the kitchen mantlepiece as the tragedy was announced.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 2:17:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Any of those would make a great wall hanging. You have a wonderful eye.
I find it hard to believe it has been 46 years.
It was one of those horrific events that burns in your mind, just what you were doing the second you heard.
That day, for a while, I lost all hope for the human race. I was convinced we had all gone mad.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 3:59:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

November 22 is one of those days that most Americans (over say 30 or so) will always remember where they were and what they were doing.

I was in grade school when it was announced on the PA system. All the classes were dismissed early that day after lunchtime. I can remember all the Catholic schools in Philadelphia closed down so we could watch the first ever televised presidential funeral on TV.

It made quite an impression on me and I am sure for many of my generation. Never has any president made such an impression on me since.

Beautiful flowers shown by a beautiful lady.

Love,
Anne

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:42:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh my gosh, these really are beautiful. The deep colors and contrasts are stunning

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 8:39:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Ditto, Pat's comment. I really needed that color this morning.

(BTW, I felt bad about the deer, too. We've so many of the things around, they're approaching "pest" stage. Nonetheless, I enjoy watching them in my back yard in the early morning, even if they do wind up making hash of my plum trees.)

Cheers.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 10:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

The light blue flowers is delphinium, Naomi, and since that blossom is so large (or appears to be) it had to be a hybrid version of it. Your photos are wonderful, as usual.

I just read Bobbie and Jackie; A Love Story and they touched on the day Jack died. You should read that book; you'd enjoy it.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 1:43:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Wow! Awesome hues!

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh, your flowers are gorgeous, Naomi! The lavender one is dreamy.

One of the saddest days in hitory, when President Kennedy died. Who among us can ever forget it?

My family is arriving tomorrow for a week, and I'm looking forward to it. Happy Thanksgiving, Naomi!

Gobble, gobble, too.

Renie

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 7:33:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

As usual your flower pictures are awesome! I have to agree that the rose is so perfect, but then again all flowers are! I love the lavender too. Lavender is such a lovely color.

I certainly remember the day JFK was shot. I was 9 years old. I was attending Daniel Boone Elementary school in Richmond, KY and they announced it over the loudspeakers. At home that night we were glued to the TV. It was a shocking and sad time.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 9:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Looking at the picture it has this calming effect for me which is wonderful.

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 12:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Your flower pictures are always amazing, but your personal descriptions always makes it that much more special for me.

(hugs)

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 12:40:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I am a HUGE Kennedy fan! It's hard for me to realize Teddy is gone and i'll NEVER accept John John being gone :(

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 4:34:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

beautiful naomi love the colors! of course i wasnt alive when that sad day happen but being a history nut ive watched and read everything i could about it. must have felt like when people heard about peral harbor.

have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 8:34:00 AM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Just beautiful! I thought the first few pictures were a painting. I should have known it was a photo. Nature's perfection is just astounding!

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 9:54:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Life---art----art----Life, funny how sometimes we wonder...chicken egg----egg chicken---\\JFK who alive then will ever forget?

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 9:59:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You have a gift in knowing what is pleasing to the eye in your abstract flower shots. They are almost like paintings, perfectly shadowed where they should be. I can only imagine how fantastic Van's Thanksgiving arrangement will be!
I was watching recently about the book on the first 48 hours after Kennedy was shot. It seemed very interesting. They were not going to let them take the body from Dallas as it was not then a federal crime and they just stole it....and how they didn't tell LBJ anything for hours. What a time for America!

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 4:51:00 PM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Such a viewing pleasure.. fantastic shots.
I am Caroline's age...can't believe it's been 46 yrs...

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 12:07:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Very beautiful petals photos, Naomi! You did a nice job here.

About John F. Kennedy, I never forgot that tragic day and I remember well where I was in that day...Very sad indeed...

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 8:39:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Amazing colors.

I remember when coming out from a movie theatre, we heard about the shots in Dallas. We forgot the movie and thought it was the beginning of WW 3. I was 17 at that time...

My last post is a short story about a Nobel Litterature Prize winner, born 150 years ago.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 11:14:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Honestly, first I twitched, then my eyes watered. That pink.

Friday, November 27, 2009 at 8:59:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.