Monday, December 21, 2009
i love flowers

Some more soothing beauty from Nature.......I don't really have much to say, except, Enjoy! Another view----same flower.....Beautiful! Sooooo Very Pretty.....I love when one color slowly fades into another color or two......It's everything I like to paint. Another beauty above.....There is also the very pleasing look of the petals just kind of gently hugging each other while leaving a little space to breath....Luscious!Another close look at that powder center. That top of that 'stamen'(?) is shaped like a Heart, isn't it? At least in this picture above it is..... Another picture above a rose and another example of "Natures Perfection". Above, that Beautiful tannish Rose from my last post......I just never tire of looking at the amazing way that nature has of creating---in this case, a Rose----that is such total perfection! Everything about it is absolutely perfect! (Sometimes I feel like a broken record---repeating and repeating myself....) In truth, I just can't get enough of these flowers....! Above, another Rose that has so very many colors happening.....I know I would not have really noticed this if I hadn't made a point of looking closer...... And here is another magnificent view of that flower I can never remember the name of....Alstroemeria. Again, such a beautiful combination of colors.....Wow! And above, a fuller view of that Alstroemeria....I know there are a number of varieties of these because I have taken some other pictures of them and even posted them at some point...... Oh, this flower above....Yum, Yum, Yum....It looks good enough to eat! Again....the variations of color just knock me out. Above......sublime, sublime, sublime. Breathtaking. And, another below.....with subtle colors that seem to surprise.....
Look at that slight bit of Light Peach-Orange deep inside there...Wherever did that come from? Well, there's no more to say except, enjoy, my dears, enjoy!







More To Come.........

Note: Betty G. will be home for Christmas! Everyone is so very excited, including of course, dear Betty....Her sweet granddaughter Maddy had said to her mother (...the wonderful Karen Culliver Parks---Garrett's wife,) "Grandma just has to be home for Christmas......I'll go to the Rehab Center myself and drive her home...!" Maddy is not quite 13 years old and doesn't drive yet....But that's how much she wanted her beloved Grandma to be home....And with the Rehab Center's blessing, she will be! There really is a Santa Claus after all.







20 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

So glad that your friend will be home. It will be better for her recovery to be among loved ones this time of year.

And thanks for another flower post. It's 6:30 AM and I've got to drive 150 miles to court this AM in a cold gray winter funk. I needed the beauty this Monday morning as a pick-me-up.

Cheers.

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 4:40:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

So glad to hear Betty will be home for Christmas!
Maddy sounds like a real sweetheart!

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 4:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

We are very glad to hear that Betty is well enough to come home for Christmas!! Please give her our best wishes.

Naomi, you should be a spokesperson for the flower industry!!

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 8:25:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

These photos remind me of Georgia O'Keefe. They are beautiful on this gray NE Ohio solstice. This is also my youngest daughter's 18th birthday!

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 3:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Fabulous flowers and fabulous news of Betty!!!!! I am truly delighted!

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 7:33:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

There really is a flower for every mood, isn't there?

Yay re: Betty. Maddy is a sweetheart. :)

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 11:34:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi:

Snowstorm here prevented usual internet use, but I am back!

So sorry to read about Betty G's hip fracture and very glad to read she is well on the mend and will be home for Christmas. Amazing how far medicine has come in how hip fractures/replacements are treated in the last 20 years.

Your photos are absolutely beautiful and you are so good at the commentary and elucidating on each flower's quality and breathtaking colors and detail.

Happy Holidays to you Naomi!

Love,
Anne

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 4:54:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful flower pictures and that's great news that Betty will be home for Christmas.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 6:49:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Very beautiful flowers, Naomi! And they bring good news too. I am glad to hear that your dear friend
Betty G. will be home for Christmas!
Please I also send to her my best wishes!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 10:56:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

That is great Namomi.. Friends are great arent they... Happy Holidays....

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 11:59:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Tell Betty I am getting a big kick out of watching her on old All in the Family reruns! Happy holidays!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 1:55:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Great news about Betty and beautiful photos as always. You have a great eye for detail. :)

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 2:41:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

very soothing :)

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 2:52:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

On Christmas Eve I got the news that my cancer had not spread. Sometimes there are miracles on Christmas. Betty will be so happy to see you. You both have wonderful friends.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 9:41:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful flowers, thanks for sharing! SO happy to hear Betty will be home for Christmas, that really is a magical blessing!! Take care and have a wonderful Christmas. xxx

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 11:44:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

gorgeous, gorgeous photos as ever Naomi!..

what wonderful news that Betty is coming home!!! She is a marvel of a woman to be doing so well so quickly!!

I wish you and all the ladies the best of holidays..may health and happiness always abide!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 3:16:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

That is lovely news about Betty and the second bit of great news today.
Did you know that Eryl (Kitchen Bitch)is seriously ill in hospital but the tests are good news and all should be well in time.
I shan't be doing much in the next few days so I wish you a happy holiday and a healthy 2100.Patx

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 8:15:00 AM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Yay for Betty and her whole family! That's great news. It would suck to be in a hospital or nursing home during Christmas.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 9:05:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You are magic that can present flowers so beautifully as done here.

Lst night we had a wonderful Family Christmas Dinner.
My mother even refused to return to her "Home" and stayed overnight at my Son's place.
This morning she told about "The Old Days" with my Son. He called me today and said it was very interisting to hear my mother tell about the Time that was.
My daughter drove her back this early afternoon.
Itwas also a livetime experience to see little Metin Leander in my mothers arms on X-mas eve.
90 years and 13 days apart in days of living on this tiny planet.

Hope you will have still more good times and days to come.

hugs
Tor and Anna

btw. The kittens are all around us.
Very vivid, playful and cosy. But we have to watch our steps. LOL

Friday, December 25, 2009 at 6:27:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

These pictures are exquisite. Really so. You are truly a gifted artist. Wouldnt they be amazing blown up on a wall? Have to catch up on Betty's illness etc. Glad she was able to come home for christmas and that you were able to go there to share it with her. That Maddy is one gorgeous girl too!

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 2:22:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.