Wednesday, July 21, 2010
ladies who lunch-part 5

Here above, is Dianne's picture of the table, right after we did the 'poppers'.....Another case of the fabulousness of having a different eye--in this particular picture below, Dianne was on the other side of the table from me...... So....this was kind of fun---Dianne taking a picture of me, taking pictures of the confetti strewn table..... And here above, is one of the the pictures I took of the table.....We then retired to the living room to open Birthday presents.....I had expressly told all the ladies that I did not want any presents, but if they absolutely felt compelled to get me something, that I would appreciate it if they would donate money to a charity in my name. The charity of my choice was 'The Smile Train'.......Back in the early 1960's, my mother worked with Cleft Palate children.....it meant a lot to her and that there was now an organization that actually helped children with this birth defect....well, it means something even more to me than it might...... Click here for the link......But, I also told them that it could be a donation to any charity that was close to their heart---in other words, whatever they wanted to do, was fine with me.....There was no such caveat where Jacquie was concerned, though not everyone had a present for her...no fault on any one's part----It was just another one of the many 'glitches' of the day........ Here is where Dianne's pictures really make a big big difference. She was able to take shots of Jacquie and me, as we enjoyed this next part of the afternoon....... Above, Jacquie opened Betty's card....It was so very cute! Betty always has these three dimensional cards that are adorable! Betty's gift for Jacquie was a book she ordered and it hadn't come yet so the card had to suffice for the time being.....Then, Jacquie picked up Seemah's gift to her and the card that came with it.I spoke to Jacquie some days ago and she has already started reading the book and just loves it.....! She said it is the kind of book you just cannot put down. Here is Seemah's card, below. Do click on it to see it bigger and so you will be able to read what it says....... It's very funny and Oh, So True! (At least it is for me.... lol).....! Here below, Jacquie is about to open my present to her...... And open it, she did! And below, a better picture---more 'head on', by Dianne...... Yes, another of those beautiful sacks by Jen Stark.....I just love the colorfulness of the painting on this carry all....Jen is such a talented Artist.....! I had handed out this Donation page to anyone who was interested in giving to Smile Train, and then I opened Dianne's present..... The Barn where Dianne keeps her dear beloved Horse, Chisholm, is having a Fund Raiser in October to raise money for Cancer....So, she generously gave me twenty "Chances" on the drawing they will be having.....And here below is the Postcard announcing the Fund Raiser..... And below, a picture I took of the ladies sitting on the other side of the room.... Betty kept apologizing for not giving me a present, and I reminded her that the very special Birthday Dinner at her house was the BEST possible present she could have given me......Seemah's card to me told me of the donation she had made to The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation---a charity very very close to her heart, her dear sweet daughter Ellen, having died of Crohn's six years ago..... Jacquie made a generous donation to The Actors Fund Of America....another very worthy Charity which we ALL support and have for many many years.....They really help Actors and other artists related to show business who need their help desperately.....It is a fabulous organization, and they have The Actors Home in New Jersey---I have known quite a few people who spent their last days there...... And dear Carol, made a very generous donation to The Smile Train which I dearly appreciated. These are all such generous-of-heart women---such caring women, in every way---and that's something that is more valuable than anything. 'Generosity Of Spirit'. Then, Jacquie opened Lee's gift to her....... Everyone loved this bracelet---particularly, the Birthday Girl herself---Jacquie. It turned out that Lee brought me some very pretty and very practical items as a Birthday Present for me.......Aren't these adorable and so damn pretty?And the thing is---I do use these very useful things, all the time! So....there is the 'practical' part and the pretty part, too.... A happy camper! Both Jacquie and I had such a good time with the gift part of our celebration...... And just about this time, guess who arrived? Yes, the wonderful Bridget! She had called Lee's cell phone just about the time we began opening our presents and we all said....'Come On Over'....! Bridget was mortified that she had written down the Lunch in the wrong month....! "Mortified", was the word she used.....lol...But we were all thrilled that she was alright and had not been in an accident or something.... I can only tell you, We were all so happy to see her.....! And in her hand was this very unique present for me. It is Herb Seeds with the dirt and everything, so you can grow them yourself and then use them in cooking or as a garnish, etc.....Practical and fun! And so....here we all are. Enjoying another Ladies Who Lunch......Above, Jacquie and Carol....And below, Seemah.... And then below, again, Bridget and Betty...... And then, the lovely Lee....... And then, the lovely laughing me........ And of course dear Dianne too, who took all these last five pictures.....And one last picture! A "group" picture. I had asked Will to take a picture of all of us---we were still at the table when he did so, and of course, Bridget had not gotten here yet.....This one below was not the final final, but it was kind of fun..... And before I show you the very last picture of the afternoon---The GOOD Group picture---Here is a very short kind of funny video....I had forgotten to put the camera back in 'Picture Mode' and it was still on 'Video', so when we got ready for Will to take the picture---This little short Video below was the result.......
I had to laugh at myself....And here below, the final final and the end of these "Ladies Who Lunch" posts....Needless to say, a good time was had by all.....Till next time, my dears..... And as always.....there will be......



More To Come..........

Note: Sometime in the next few days or so, the Computer Wizard will be taking my computer away from me---Oh, My Lord.....Some things need fixing. So, if I am not around, that is why....I have no back up Computer so there will be quite a major withdrawel happening here.......You might hear screams as far afield as Singapore......







28 Comments:
had this to say:

This was great! I can't figure out how exactly you make me feel like I'm at the party, but I love it. It's also amazing that you all seemed color coordinated with your blues and oranges. Really gorgeous pics all around. Good luck living computer-free for a while. I imagine it will feel weird.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 1:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Another delightful time with the ladies.
I adored that card, too too funny and clever.
Again, so glad for the different views from Dianne's camera.
You were definitely directing in that video.
Loved the last shot of all of you together.
Thanks for the links, will check them out.
Best wishes for your computer withdrawal. Surely there is a rehab center for that. It is brutal.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 5:29:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Good times! I really appreciate your sharing these stories with the rest of us.

Cheers.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 6:14:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Well, the table looked so festive! I am most definitely going to take some decorating tips from you at our next family birthday party.
I also wanted to tell you that last Christmas, instead of giving both of my sisters yet another pocketbook or sweater, I donated money in their names to the Smile Train.They were both thrilled with the gift!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 6:27:00 PM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I love your practical items for the desk, they are so pretty! I also love that so many worthy organizations benefited from you having a birthday. You know, after awhile, there really isn't much we need and it's good to remember others in need.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 6:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I appreciate the time you take to post all the photos, the company, the food, the gifts, the bonding, the laughter and the coziness of just being part of this celebration.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 7:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Those were great photo's.. Have I ever told you how much I just love the color of your livingroom.. Its beautiful.. And so many flowery and bright colors.. Thanks for sharing your friends with us..

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 7:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I have to say, I think that is one of the most festive tables you've designed yet Naomi! That video was fun, by the way.

Now, about you screaming from not having your computer for a few days...I'll BE in Singapore, so I may actually hear you!!! Hang in there!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 8:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great pics, I got to look closer at your artwork. LOL I had similar problem with MY camcorder, it lasted less than 10 seconds. Old friends are golden, that's for sure. Oh, and I have always loved gifts to charities. All the ones you mention have helped people I know. No better gift. You ladies are beautiful inside and out.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 8:43:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Kevin Raftery
had this to say:

My Mother, who passed away in 1992,would have been 82 y/o yesterday.
Like you, she loved to fill the house with lots of momentos and knickkancks...These things gave the house a very warm and inviting feeling.
Looking at your pictures reminds me of my Mom and her friends...She loved people and loved having the house filled with people.
Looks like you all had a great time. Again, Happy Birthday. Kevin

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 5:18:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Dear Naomi - happy belated birthday! I want to thank you so much for posting the wonderful photos from your LWL gatherings. I love everything - the flowers, the smiles, the decorations, the obvious joie de vivre. Seemah is the dearest person in the world to me and since we live miles and miles apart, it is a welcome opportunity to see her and all you lovely ladies enjoying each other.

Blessings, Jaynie

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Another wonderful post about the Ladies who Lunch, and it's so good to see you in the photos this time!! The last photo is so good of all of you! I love the desk items you received and the card was funny!

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 4:13:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What great pictures Naomi - some lovely ones particularly of the group. And its great that you are in them this time instead of being on the other side of the camera. Good luck without your computer. Get your camera out and see what you can find. Is that a piano in the background I noticed. Maybe some music making might be in order. I know I cant last long without my computer either. If I hear your screams all the way here in OZ I know things are bad, lol!!!

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 2:15:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

A wonderful gathering and I am so happy there are pictures of you too!!
Hope you get your computer back soon.

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 6:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful time you all had. I get a real sense of true joy from these posts of yours. The sense of fun is practically infectious and I could feel myself smiling as I read and looked at the photos.

Thanks for dropping by and hope you get your computer back soon! My boys send purrs to Sweetie and hugs to from me to you :)

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 10:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

festive and so, so much fun! the confetti was perfect and the cobalt glasses-- hooray for the cobalt glasses!
(did you notice how beautifully they went with the blue of your outfit?!)

i loved the donations that you collected-- so kind and thoughtful of you, the group shot was..perfect and your funky tape dispense, etc? could those have been any cuter? seriously LOVE them!!

i love this on-line scrapbook of sorts! the pictures and story are now timeless!! thanks for sharing so much of the fun!!

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 11:50:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You ladies really made my Day.
You are so creative it's a joy to be invited as a blog-fiend to watch and read all this colorful and joyable time of yours.

Big hugs from us here in Norway.

btw. I invite you to the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul;)

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 12:51:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You are really in tune with each other, Naomi. You are even color coordinated. Happy birthdays to all!

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 8:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I think I heard you screaming.....

Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 8:01:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You all CRACK me up!!! So nice that you can all gather together like that...great friends, great food, great fun!!!
Love you Na and your little kitty too!!!!!
xoxo, Audrey

Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 9:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a lovely, laughing time you had at the party. :)

Like my friend says, if your computer's not OK, then you're not OK. Based on that, I hope "you" get well soon! :)

Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 1:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Cheers! I LOVE all the blue featured at the parties. Would love to know more about the blue bowls sometime.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 1:37:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Great to see all of you together and I'm like you - I have to have a cue to know when the photograph is being taken.
And how great that those excellent charities will benefit from your generosity. You all deserved to have a good time. You ladies sure know how to party:)
I hope you get your computer back in excellent order. See you soon:)

Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 3:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like quite a joyous party celebration. Hope you're surviving any computer withdrawal pangs.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 7:03:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

These posts were fun (as always) but even more so to have pictures with you in them! We can always tell what fun times you all have in your photos..I hope all the ladies have computers and save them as well. I do hope your lunches (and birthdays) go on forever!

utoh.. I hope the computer comes back ok and you don't have to scream!!

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 4:00:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello Naomi! Gorgeous pictures and I really admire that three dimensional card. I like the cat illustration on it. It looks really festive as usual.

I hope that your PC will be back soon. I know the feeling of being computer-free in some days.

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 3:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It gives me a warm feeling to watch your party. How great to have such loyal friends. This party was a success and you all looked good. I don’t remember what birthday this was but in these pictures you don’t look older than in your early sixties, you have great skin and colour. Thanks for taking us inside your lovely home, I had fun.

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 5:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It's a girlfriend playground! I'm glad you got to star in your own movie here. It was fun to see you in the action!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 6:59:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.