Thursday, January 24, 2013
movies

I will be writing about all the films I have been watching, after Sunday....I just didn't want you to think I disappeared......There have been some major problems accessing films through the Internet for the SAG Voting....(It just about drove us ALL nuts....) and only yesterday was I able to upload three films that I had not seen yet...It was a problem with iTunes.....
At this point, it is almost too late---the Votes for SAG have to be in by Noon, Friday, January 25th....
Still...there were three performance that I had not seen and felt I should try my best to see them.....
This is a very interesting year where the Oscars are concerned. Some very diversified films---(some with 'problems')....But, all very interesting. 
The Oscars are voted on by 'Artists' working in The Film Industry....And there are somewhere around 6000 Academy voters.
As to The Golden Globes, only about 90 people vote on those films and they are ALL journalists. So, are the Golden Globes a good prediction for the Oscars? Not necessarily.....
And with SAG, it is mostly Actors voting for other Actors---a whole other ballgame, though now that we are SAG-AFTRA, there are many other industry people besides just Actors.
I'll be back with my opinions about all the films I have seen, (24-25) after Sunday...And there are some truly very special films.....
Bear with me.....


More To Come.......







16 Comments:
had this to say:

I suspected you were an actress! Cheers! I look forward to reading your thoughts on the films.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am looking forward to seeing your commentary, Naomi.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 7:46:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Can't wait!

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 3:49:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Me too. Can't wait to hear your opinions. You never steer me wrong and it makes me feel better knowing that the voters actually do view the films.

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 3:51:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Sounds so good to watching so many films!
Love your reviews and I am looking forward to reading your commentaries, dear Naomi!
Have a pleasant weekend.
Lots of hugs!

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4:46:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Take your time Naomi. It's great for us to have something to look forward to. This can be a very dreary time of year.

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4:56:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

24 or so films. Wow. That's going to be interesting to review(!)

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:25:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

hooray! I am looking forward to everything you have to say about the movies!!!!! Can't wait!

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 12:45:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I can't wait!

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 7:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Interesting...I didn't know who voted for what and how many were involved. Thanks for the info and I look forward to seeing more movie reviews from you.

I recently watched Almodóvar's "All About My Mother," which I enjoyed. His films aren't for everybody but there's never a dull moment and they leave you thinking.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 6:27:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

That is certainly a responsibility to vote for these films and I now you don’t take it lightly. I’m looking forward to your comments on what you were able to watch.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 6:47:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I'm watching CBS Sunday Morning. They just said the Smithsonian Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden. When did that come under the Smithsonian? I thought it was independent.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 6:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I loved the Golden Globes this year and am looking forward to the Academy Awards (and your reviews). I don't think the SAG awards are televised on network TV.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 6:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Can't wait to read your opinion. I love the different viewpoints from which film is viewed.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 9:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and reviews. I've not seen a new movie in a long time... It's time I headed out to the cinema! :)

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:52:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I've always thought the SAGs (and DGA and WGA) seemed to be a better guage for predicting Oscars than the Globes. Jennifer Lawrence surprised me because I'd not heard nearly the buzz and will be interested in hearing what you think of Silver Linings Playbook.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 8:06:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.