Thursday, July 24, 2014
Birthday Lunch-PART 2

This Balloon and Flower arrangement was sent to me by a dear friend and his family, from North Carolina.....I met John O'Donnell around 1989, when he was just a kid, really---22 or 23, and was assistant to my very dear sweet friend Rosetta LeNoire.....He was and is the most wonderful young man, and even though Rosetta is gone now, I am still in touch with John......It was such a very lovely surprise, to get this pretty flower arrangement and that very delightful Balloon!
And staying with the Flowers for another moment.....Below,two Beautiful Orchids that darling Will Grover brought me for my Birthday.....

Now....on to our Lunch!
Here is the really simple, but very time-consuming-salad-to-make, a Cobb Salad as in, The Original Cobb Salad created at The Brown Derby Restaurant here in Los Angeles, which no one makes anymore. Almost every restaurant has this on their menu, but.....but, it is never finely chopped as this is, and they all change the ingredients somewhat, too.....You can actually find the "original" Brown Derby Restaurant Recipe on the net, and the original dressing, as well......It is truly delicious!

Everyone seemed to enjoy it very much---I know I did. And I LOVE a really good Croissant! Yum!

And after we were done........
It was time for.......
Yes....!
The Gift Bags.......
HOORAY!

These Caps were a Big Big Hit!
And below, Katy took a picture of the wonderful Dianne who took most of these pictures.....
What a Great Smile!  And, she looks fabulous in that Red, White and Blue Sparkly Cap!
(July 4th was just around the corner.....)
In truth.....Everyone looked fabulous in these caps! 
The Fabulous Bridget Hanley.....another wonderful smile and looking very glamorous in those gun sunglasses......And we can see some of the bling that was in the bag....
There were a couple of rings....but that HUGE one, was a lot of fun!  It lit up....!
And below.....the Beautiful Karen Culliver Parks playing with the Whistle Necklace.......
And what is that in her lap?
It's a Froggy!  I always like to have a little soft stuffed toy in the bags, and Frogs are Good Luck and are supposed to bring you money.....And we can all use that these days.
And here below is the lovely sweet Katy Melody Parks......
I love her 'attitude' in this picture....It's like she is holding the whistle in her mouth like it is a cigar.....lol......
And below, the magnificent Annie Guilbert looking for all the stuff in her bag......
And she found a lot of goodies!

You'll have to wait for Part 3 to see what other wonderful things were in the Gift Bags, and some other fun stuff that took place that lovely afternoon......

Life has been somewhat overwhelming these days, so that's why it is taking me so long to get all this up!

Forgive, please.......



More To Come.......







20 Comments:
had this to say:

Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a fun celebration!!

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 3:19:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Love the flowers! Your parties always look like so much fun. Love the goody bags too.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 5:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Lots of color and fun with the glam hams of the day! I look forward to seeing what's in those bags and you and your beautiful friends!

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 9:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The flowers are lovely and the Cobb salad looks wonderful. You are right, not like any Cobb I have ordered.
I always so look forward to the gift bags. They look like such fun and you ladies seem to really enjoy them.
And there is more in those bags??
I'll be back.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 1:05:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Lee
had this to say:

There's nothing to forgive, Naomi...I'm enjoying your party...and I don't want to see it finish!

I can sense the fun you had by just looking at the photos...they're wonderful.

Thanks for sharing and bringing lightness and brightness into our day...don't stop. :)

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 8:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Another fun, successful party!! The flowers are lovely, the guests are lovely, the food was lovely and once again, I wish I was there.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Naomi. I have my challenges too.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 8:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Those gift bags are so much fun, I love the sparkly caps and the glasses, and the big ring that lights up! And I love looking around your home while the other guests are enjoying the party. In the first pic of the balloon, what is the long wooden sculpture beside the door? Your walls are a true art gallery, would love to read some posts about the artists and the works of art in your home. How about it, Naomi?

Friday, July 25, 2014 at 6:41:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Just another lovely and fun party, Naomi!
I always LOVE seeing your Birthday pictures!
What a gorgeous flowers and the Cobb salad looks delicious.
I will google to have the recipe. I always enjoyed to see the gift bags. They look very fun and I can see that your friends really enjoy them.
I wish I could be there with you and your friends. Did you know that it seems to me that your friends are my friends too?
Hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

Friday, July 25, 2014 at 7:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love coming here to see what you have in your gift bags! Do you choose them or are they a surprise to you too?? The hats do look great on everyone. The food looks as tasty as ever, and I love the little frogs.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling too well, everything is such an effort when you are ill I know.

Friday, July 25, 2014 at 9:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

your posts like this are always worth waiting for!..you "girls" sure still know how to have fun!! xoxoxoxox :)

Friday, July 25, 2014 at 11:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like a great party! You have so many friends who know how to have a good time!

Friday, July 25, 2014 at 12:49:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

A really super birthday party - much more glamorous than our humble picnic. Incidentally whilst we were at Joy's she had a rollater delivered.
You don't look a day older Naomi and its down to your zest for life. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy year.

Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 8:03:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'd say you really know how to throw a birthday party! Three cheers for the celebration -- love all the photos and fun!

Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 7:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Your birthday parties are really fun and I like that everyone gets a gift bag. Hmmm I should do that in my next birthday dinner :)

Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 12:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It looks like a delightful afternoon. What a beautiful tradition with good friends.

Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 5:01:00 PM PDT 

Blogger J C
had this to say:

Now girl, you are having just way too much fun. Love coming to your parties via the internet. Keeps me smiling. Hugs to you. xo

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 8:25:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You make something as simple sounding as cobb salad sound TO DIE FOR with your description. A croissant is a perfect accompaniment, too. I love how you eat salad and then have TWO decadent cakes! lol My kinda chicas! I could use a stuffed frog in my life, preferably stuffed with money! The bling looks fantastic on your friend and Annie is my favorite. She looks like a real character but they're all special, aren't they? No plain Janes at this party. Thanks for sharing these special moments in pics. It's great how your friend took the photos for you. That's a good friend. :) Looking forward to Part 3! Happy Weekend, Naomi! XO

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 1:32:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I am so far behind on birthdays, etc. I just love you, Naomi, and all your friends.

Saturday, August 2, 2014 at 9:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Those caps sure add a touch of élégance to your party! I never tested a Cobb Salad – I’ll have to try it as it sounds and looks delicious. Y’all are having too much fun!

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 5:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What fun, your gift bags are always a hit. I love the hats, they are very stylish. And the rings. I always love some bling. Did you do these bags Naomi? Everyone always looks like they are having such a great time!

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 5:42:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.